Many people from all over the world are worried about suffering from back pain. This is not a simple problem that you can just set aside because it can greatly affect the way you perform in the office as well as in doing your daily activities. Here is the story of Jane who had been seeking for an effective solution on how he can get rid of back pain.
Jane usually spent her time facing the computer when writing her articles. This can be the reason why she is experiencing back pain. Aside from writing, she is also an avid runner when she was on her 20s. Because of overtraining, she acquired a condition called sciatica. The symptoms will disappear with sufficient amount of rest and with continuous weight training.
Jane failed to continue her therapy to treat her sciatica which is why she never gets back to normal. Though the symptoms were gone, back pain developed that gets worst at night and also in the morning. There are various ideas on how Jane decided to deal with her back pain. Unfortunately, none of these works for her condition.
- Jane had waited for two years hoping that the pain will disappear. She often experienced pain on her shoulders causing her to stay at home instead of going to work. She noticed that her condition is getting serious and waiting is never a good idea after all.
- Jane also acquired help from her primary physician wherein she had undergone x-rays. Her doctor asked her to continue her exercise. Jane doesn’t like the next thing that would happen because she anticipated that her doctor will recommend her to undergo a surgery.
- Jane had also decided to use a treadmill desk because she had suspected that having a bad posture while sitting can be one of the factors why she has back pain. Sad to say, the treadmill desk didn’t work.
- Jane had also tried attending a workshop to learn about proper posture. She became aware of the Gokhale Method that made her become aware of her bad habits. But, this doesn’t help her eliminate the pain on her back.
- After Jane had talked to her doctor, she decided to acquire help from a professional trainer to teach her proper stretching and cardio exercise. Sadly, these exercises didn’t stops the pain on her back.
With all the disappointments that Jane experience, she never stop looking for an effective way that can help her get rid of back pain. With her patience of searching for the answer, she finally came up with efficient methods that gave her hope to get away from the burden of back pain. Here are the methods that Jane has used to free herself from the excruciating pain she feels on her back.
- Jane had consulted help from an expert in traditional and alternative medicine. After she had posted an article about her condition in 2013, one of her friends named Anne Carley wrote her. Her friends recommended her to try an alternative and holistic approach to get rid of the pain and see an independent health professional. Because Jane became interested in what her friend told her, she was so excited to see her friend personally so she can discuss her situation. Anne had suggested her to go to a physical therapist that will examine her condition and identify what holistic solutions can possibly work knowing that a conventional therapist will on focus on getting rid of the pain and not to resolve it.
- Aside from acquiring help from a physical therapist who is knowledge in a holistic approach, Jane has also decided to look for a physical therapist that specializes in Egoscue Method. This method will help an individual to learn about the proper exercises and stretches needed in order to correct the misalignment of muscles in the body. The PT had evaluated the condition of Jane for 30 minutes wherein she is required to do a 20-minute stretching routine. Jane visits the physical therapist every 2 to 4 weeks.
- Jane also acquired help from a massage therapist that focuses on structural integration. She was involved in a myofascial work for 10 sessions to improve the balance of her connective tissue. With a better alignment, any strain in the body can be reduced.