With a busy lifestyle that people have these days, it is just reasonable for them to look for a medium on how you can get rid of the stress and pressure you feel at work. You also have to treat yourself to a full relaxation even once in a while so you can rejuvenate your body and gain back your energy. This will also help you keep your focus and handle your work efficiently. One of the most effective ways for you to loosen up is by having a scalp massage.
The Basics of a Scalp Massage
Scalp massage is a great way for people to relieve the tension that their mind feels and helps them get rid of headaches. Anyone can perform scalp massage at home or you can simply ask a member of the family to do it for you. Besides, this will not require extreme effort because you’ll have to perform the massage gently on the scalp to improve the flow of blood. You can also go to a salon, spas, or hire a massage therapist who can offer you this service. Knowing that they are more knowledgeable on how to do the massage the proper way, you can be assured that you can obtain excellent results.
When doing the massage, people can perform it with or without oil. It would be better that you prepare oil made up of organic herbs to be assured that it can help you nourish your hair and scalp. If you still have lots of things to do after the massage then it would be better that you do it without oil so you will not get greasy. For people who have not yet tried this kind of massage, listed below are some of the common benefits that you can possibly get from it.
Benefits of Scalp Massage
- It can help relieve headaches.
Because scalp massage is done on the head, it will no longer be a surprise that performing it can help you get rid of headaches. You have to spend time doing the massage on the bottom part of the skull where tension usually takes place. A massage on the temple and forehead is also necessary. People who are suffering from migraines should consider scalp massage for them to prevent the symptoms.
- It improves the circulation of blood in the scalp.
Scalp massage is said to improve the circulation of blood in your head and face. It can also promote the growth of your hair because it enhances the flow of blood to the roots. If you decide using oil for the massage, you can remove dandruff and stop it from occurring because it lubricates the scalp.
- It develops your sense of well-being.
Scalp massage relaxes your mind and makes you feel good. If you try to include your face for the massage, you can be able to reduce the formation of wrinkles because it relaxes the muscles on your face.
- It provides restful sleep.
For people who acquire the massage regularly, they have experienced having a better sleep making it an effective treatment for insomnia. If you often feel exhausted from work, then scalp massage can help you energize your body.
- It helps you achieve a beautiful and manageable hair.
Continuous massage on your scalp has a positive effect on your hair because it tends to soften each strand thus making it easier for you style it. This is also a perfect way for you to spread the oils that your scalp naturally produced that promote vibrancy and makes your hair looks shiny.
- It protects your hair.
By massaging the scalp, you can keep your hair away from the damages that can be caused by too much exposure to the sun because it tends to make your hair resilient. It prevents your hair from getting dry and brittle as well as from split ends.
- It promotes emotional balance.
Having sleepless night can possibly affect your mood maybe because you have to work late in front of the computer to finish your projects or proposals. This is when you will need a scalp massage to relieve the heat in your body that can also help you control your emotions.
Steps on How to Do the Scalp Massage
- The first thing that you have to do is to place the oil into the bowl that contains hot water. Scalp massage feels better if you will use warm oil but comfortable for you to touch.
- After that, you can start applying the oil into the scalp by using your hands. You can part the hair and you also need to work on the tips.
- Massage the scalp in a circular motion slowly. This will relax your body, improves blood circulation, and can also provide you energy.
- After massaging the scalp, you have to cover your head.
- Leave it for about 30 to 60 minutes or longer. You can also dip a towel into a hot water and wrap it around your head to soften and condition your hair.