Best Anti-Fatigue Mat Reviews: Top 5 Recommendations In 2019 For A Fatigue-Free Day
Fatigue, lower back pain, sore feet, and swollen ankles – sound familiar?
Standing for hours on end will take a toll on even the best of us!
That doesn’t mean you’re doomed, though:
The best anti-fatigue mat will be an absolute game-changer for anyone who spends a lot of time on their feet – and today, I’m going to help you pick the best one for your needs!
- Best Portable Massage Table Reviews – Buying Guide 2019
- The 7 Best Portable Massage Chairs of 2019: Delivering Comfort, Quality, and Relaxation
- How to Use a Massage Roller Stick: Practical Tips and List of Benefits
- Best Anti-Fatigue Mats: Comparison Chart
- What Are Anti-Fatigue Mats – And Why You Need One
- Benefits Of Anti-Fatigue Mats
- Choosing The Best Anti-Fatigue Mat: 4 Factors To Consider
- Best Anti-Fatigue Mat Reviews In 2019: Top 5 Recommendations
- 1. GORILLA GRIP Original 3/4″ Premium Anti-Fatigue Comfort Mat – Best Anti-Fatigue Mat Overall
- 2. AmazonBasics Premium Anti-Fatigue Standing Comfort Mat – Best Budget-Friendly Option
- 3. Sky Mats Comfort Anti Fatigue Mat – All About Minimizing The Risk Of Tripping And Other Accidents
- 4. NewLife by GelPro Anti-Fatigue Mat – Best Mat For Bringing A Little Color Into Your Work Space
- 5. Topo by Ergodriven The Not-Flat Standing Desk Anti-Fatigue Mat – The Best High-End Mat To Keep You On Your Toes
- FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Bottom Line
Best Anti-Fatigue Mats: Comparison Chart
With so many options on the market, choosing the right one can be daunting – so, to start things off on the right note, let’s take a moment to look at the best anti-fatigue mats of 2019 compared to each other:
|Our Top Picks|
|Best Anti-Fatigue Mat Overall|
|Best Budget-Friendly Option|
|All About Minimizing The Risk Of Tripping And Other Accidents|
|Best Mat For Bringing A Little Color Into Your Work Space|
|The Best High-End Mat To Keep You On Your Toes|
What Are Anti-Fatigue Mats – And Why You Need One
Did you know that it only takes around 90 minutes of continuous standing to cause severe discomfort?
Yes, you read that right – 90 minutes.
For most of us, the average workday lasts more than five times that! It’s no wonder everyone’s complaining about pain, swelling, and discomfort these days – we’re pushing our bodies to their limits, and beyond.
How do anti-fatigue mats help, though?
Although they pretty much look like your average floor mats, anti-fatigue mats come with one important twist – they have ergonomic properties:
Their primary purpose is to provide some much-needed support and comfort to those who spend a lot of time on their feet, be it at home or work.
As such, the best anti-fatigue mat is a highly recommended piece of “equipment” for anyone looking to reduce fatigue, improve their comfort level, and combat health-related issues caused by standing in place for hours on end.
Benefits Of Anti-Fatigue Mats
Okay, we’ve established that they’re comfortable and safe – but there’s more to them than that.
To prove my point, I’ve put together a list of some of the most notable benefits of investing in an anti-fatigue mat:
- One of the key points to mention is that using an anti-fatigue mat can significantly improve blood circulation throughout your body.
- Another unique benefit is that they reduce spinal compression, which could, in turn, relieve neck, back, and hip pain caused by prolonged standing.
- Because they provide a soft surface for you to stand on, they improve resistance and shock absorption, which reduces pressure on your feet and reduces lower leg pain.
- It’s not a health benefit, but it’s still worth mentioning – having an anti-fatigue mat in your work area reduces the risk of damaging objects you dropped by accident, such as gadgets or glass.
Choosing The Best Anti-Fatigue Mat: 4 Factors To Consider
The mat’s design and price tag are the obvious factors here – you want something that looks good, and fits in your budget, don’t you?
But what are some other things you should keep in mind when it’s time to pick the best anti-fatigue mat for your needs?
Read on to find out!
If you’ve already done some research, you probably know that the market is full of all sorts of anti-fatigue mats – and besides the noticeable difference in design, there’s one other thing that sets them apart, and that’s the material.
The material usually determines where the mat should be used, so make sure you take that into account:
Foam Rubber – With their foam center and a rubber coating, these mats are the golden middle here – they’re able to withstand harsh working environments, but more importantly, they don’t lose their density that easily.
Hard Rubber – If you’re looking for something durable and easy to clean, hard rubber is the way to go. That said, these mats aren’t exactly known for their ergonomic and anti-fatigue properties.
Gel – Although they can be a bit pricey, when it comes to ergonomic properties, gel-filled mats are the most effective ones. They’re not suitable for harsh environments, but they’re a perfect addition to any home or office.
It all comes down to the area you’re looking to cover with your mat – but, as always, the bigger, the better.
The dimensions may vary – and some manufacturers will even let you pick your mat’s dimensions – but generally speaking, most anti-fatigue mats will come in one of the following sizes:
- 2×3 feet
- 3×5 feet
- 3×12 feet
- 3×60 feet
Given the fact that the mat’s thickness plays a considerable role in your comfort level, it’s not something that should be taken lightly.
To get the best out of your anti-fatigue mat, aim for a ¾-inch thickness. You could get by with a ½-inch thick one, as well, but only if you already have soft flooring in the area where you’ll be using your mat.
That said, keep in mind that thinner mats usually don’t last as long as thick ones, so they might not be the best investment in the long run.
Mats are made to withstand different kinds of pressure, which is why it’s important to consider your body type – and compare it to its weight range – when choosing the best anti-fatigue mat for your needs.
Best Anti-Fatigue Mat Reviews In 2019: Top 5 Recommendations
1. GORILLA GRIP Original 3/4″ Premium Anti-Fatigue Comfort Mat – Best Anti-Fatigue Mat Overall
Durability, functionality, and comfort – those are the three words I’ll be using to introduce you to the first anti-fatigue mat on today’s list, the Gorilla Grip mat.
There’s a fine line between firmness and softness, and this one strikes it perfectly!
The most compelling thing about this model is its price, though – the cost to value ratio continues to amaze me, and I’m sure you’ll agree with us on that.
All in all, if you pick this one, your feet will thank you – and your wallet will, too!
Things I Liked
- The mat is 3/4-inch thick, which is the optimal thickness for comfort and support.
- The overall feel of the mat strikes the perfect balance between firmness and softness.
- It’s lightweight, which makes it easy to move around, but feels durable at the same time.
- Maintenance is a breeze thanks to the waterproof surface.
- The mat is shipped flat, which eliminates risks of curled edges and creases.
- The manufacturer gives you a lifetime guarantee, no questions asked.
- The mat is available in five sizes and ten different colors.
- It is reasonably priced.
Things I Didn’t Like
- It does have a slight rubbery smell at first, but it will air out quickly.
- It’s prone to sliding, although that depends on the surface you’re using it on.
- Specks of dirt and crumbs show on the mat’s surface, especially if you have a black one.
Verdict: All things considered, the GORILLA GRIP Original 3/4″ Premium Anti-Fatigue Comfort Mat is the best anti-fatigue mat for pretty much anyone. It’s a bold statement, we know, but reread the review, and you’ll see what we mean!
2. AmazonBasics Premium Anti-Fatigue Standing Comfort Mat – Best Budget-Friendly Option
Next one up is a budget-friendly anti-fatigue mat by AmazonBasics:
We wanted to show you that you don’t have to burn a hole in your wallet to get some much-needed comfort and support, and this one was perfect for the job!
It’s only available in two basic colors, but thanks to the faux leather top, it still manages to pull off a somewhat elegant touch that would fit into any home or office.
Plus, it’s both stain and abrasion-resistant, making clean-up a breeze – so, don’t be afraid to use it in the kitchen, too!
Things I Liked
- The faux leather top will give an elegant touch to any home or office.
- The surface of the mat is both stain and abrasion-resistant and is very easy to clean.
- The non-slip base does a decent job at keeping the mat in place on almost all hard-floor surfaces.
- The tapered design of the edges minimizes the risk of tripping over the mat.
- The price is surprisingly low, which makes this a fantastic budget-friendly product.
Things I Didn’t Like
- It doesn’t stay in place on tile floors.
- The mat is only available in two colors (black or brown) and one standard size (36×20 inches).
- The foam feels a bit stiff, which might be a problem for some.
- Its long-term durability is questionable, as it tends to come apart around the edges.
- It has a strong initial mildew-like smell that lasts for weeks.
Verdict: If you’re working with a tight budget, the AmazonBasics Premium Anti-Fatigue Standing Comfort Mat is probably your best bet here. However, please note that it might not be able to withstand the wear and tear of high foot traffic areas.
3. Sky Mats Comfort Anti Fatigue Mat – All About Minimizing The Risk Of Tripping And Other Accidents
An anti-fatigue mat by Sky Mats is another reasonably priced model to consider – especially if you’re prone to accidents.
Here’s the thing:
The mat features a non-slip base that keeps it in place and a beveled edge design for a minimized risk of tripping, and it doesn’t stop there – the slightly textured criss-cross pattern of the surface will keep you from slipping, even if you decide to ditch your shoes.
Things I Liked
- The mat features the Sky’s patented Core Foam with the ideal ¾-inch thickness.
- It has a slight criss-cross pattern that keeps you from slipping, even with your shoes off.
- Thanks to the beveled design, it doesn’t curve up around the edges, which minimizes the risk of tripping.
- The mat has a non-slip base that stays in place on most types of hard-floor surfaces.
- We consider it to be one of the best budget-friendly anti-fatigue mats on the market.
- The manufacturer offers a lifetime replacement guarantee.
- The mat is available in ten different colors and designs.
Things I Didn’t Like
- It comes in three sizes, but we wish there were more options to choose from here.
- There was a chemical-like smell that lasted for over a week, despite the promise of no off-gassing.
- The grooves on the surface tend to catch dirt, which makes it a bit harder to clean.
Verdict: If you’re someone who’s prone to accidents around the home – or you’re getting this mat for someone who is – rest assure that slipping and tripping won’t be a problem with the Sky Mats Comfort Anti Fatigue Mat.
4. NewLife by GelPro Anti-Fatigue Mat – Best Mat For Bringing A Little Color Into Your Work Space
Some mats come in a couple of colors, and some, like the NewLife by GelPro, bring an entire rainbow along for the ride. With 35 different patterns and colors to choose from, you’re bound to find the perfect fit for any – and every – space in your home or your workplace!
Thanks to the Ergo-Foam core, there’s more to it than looks – it’s comfy and supportive, too!
Be cautious about getting it wet, though. The surface is waterproof and stain-resistant, but the mat itself becomes extremely slippery when wet, which is a sure recipe for disaster if you’re not careful.
Things I Liked
- The mat combines a foam core with a polyurethane material on top for added durability.
- It has a ¾-inch thick Ergo-Foam core for optimum comfort and support.
- The surface is waterproof and stain-resistant, which makes it super easy to clean.
- The mat is available in 35 different colors and patterns, making it easy to find one that fits your style.
- The mat is available in four different sizes, which should be more than enough for an average user.
Things I Didn’t Like
- It’s prone to sliding around, especially on laminate floors, so you’ll have to adjust it frequently.
- There’s a weird chemical smell to it right out of the box.
- The smooth texture of the surface makes this mat extremely slippery when wet.
- The edges curled up within the first six months of use and now pose a tripping hazard.
Verdict: If the mat’s design is an essential factor for you, you’re going to have a ball choosing among the 35 available patterns and colors of the NewLife by GelPro Anti-Fatigue Mat – because, let’s face it, looks matter.
5. Topo by Ergodriven The Not-Flat Standing Desk Anti-Fatigue Mat – The Best High-End Mat To Keep You On Your Toes
There are standard anti-fatigue mats, and then there are ground-breaking, game-changing anti-fatigue mats – and the Topo by Ergodriven falls into the latter category.
The mat’s cushioned terrain is one of those features you didn’t know you needed in your life until you try it for the first time. It causes you to subconsciously engage in a more active stance, move your feet, and stretch across the surface, keeping you on your toes at all times!
Things I Liked
- It’s made from high-quality polyurethane foam, top to bottom.
- The mat’s design encourages a more active stance and makes you stretch your feet.
- The centered teardrop bump massages the ball of your foot.
- The raised edges help you stretch your calves.
- You can easily switch between standing and sitting and works equally good in both scenarios.
- Even though it’s sleek in appearance, it doesn’t slide around at all.
- It comes with a seven-year warranty.
Things I Didn’t Like
- It costs more than an average anti-fatigue mat, and it won’t fit everyone’s budget.
- We wish there were more design options, as the mat only comes in four solid colors.
- It collects dirt and dust easily, so you’ll have to clean it more often.
- You have to be extra careful to avoid tripping or stubbing your toes on the mat.
Verdict: If you’re serious about improving your overall health and well-being, and you’re willing to spend a bit more, the Topo by Ergodriven The Not-Flat Standing Desk Anti-Fatigue Mat is the way to go – it almost makes standing in place feel fun!
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
What are anti-fatigue mats? Do I need one? Do they work?
These are only a few examples of frequently asked questions about anti-fatigue mats – keep on reading, and I’ll answer the rest for you!
We know it sounds too good to be true, but yes, using the best anti-fatigue mat could have an impact on your overall well-being not only by reducing health risks caused by prolonged standing but by boosting your concentration in the workplace, as well.
How can you avoid tripping hazards when using an anti-fatigue mat?
The best advice we could give you in this department is to pay attention to the mat’s edges. They should stick to the surface firmly so that they don’t hinder the transition from your floor to the mat – which is probably the most common cause of tripping.
How long does an anti-fatigue mat last?
Their lifespan can vary depending on the materials, thickness, the amount of foot traffic it gets – and numerous other factors. It should last you a year or more, but to be sure, replace your mat as soon as you notice that it no longer provides the comfort level it once did.
How do you clean an anti-fatigue mat?
The good news is that cleaning an anti-fatigue mat is a pretty straightforward thing – it usually doesn’t take much more than sweeping or vacuuming. That said, now and then, it might be a good idea to use a wet mop with either shampoo or a mild detergent, too.
We know you’re excited to see which one of these is the best one out of the bunch, but the truth is, they all have their strengths and weaknesses.
That said, the GORILLA GRIP Original 3/4″ Premium Anti-Fatigue Comfort Mat and Topo by Ergodriven The Not-Flat Standing Desk Anti-Fatigue Mat are our personal favorites – one’s a bit more budget-friendly, while the other takes the cake as the best high-end model out there.
They’re both excellent at what they do – providing comfort and support to your aching feet – so, it all comes down to how much you’re willing to spend.
You have all the info you could need to make an informed decision, so go ahead – treat yourself to the best anti-fatigue mat today!