Can You Fix Your Massager by Yourself? Here is what you need to know
A massage comes in handy after a long and hectic day at work. It helps one bounce back to be energetic and all psyched up for another day. When you have your own massager, it even gets better since you can always get the magical massage at the convenience of your home or office.
In this case, massage chairs are a great choice since they offer a full body massage similar to that which you would have gotten from a massage therapist. However, machines are prone to breaking down and this can happen to your massager. Getting your massager to be repaired could also turn out to be quite expensive or inconvenient.
Fixing your massager becomes the next viable option but, can you fix your massager by yourself? If you still haven’t figured out how, read on and learn about the tips on how to fix your massager.
How to Fix a Massager
Knowing how to fix a massager is an added advantage to having the some of the best massagers and getting massaged at the convenience of your home. The several benefits accrued from massage sessions an indicator that knowing how to fix your massager is not optional.
What if the massager does not start?
- Check to see whether your massager’s power cord is damaged or has been installed wrongly.
- Ensure that the power outlet is producing enough power to start your massager to function appropriately. To check on the power outlet, plug in another electrical appliance just to be sure on whether it is working or not.
- In case the massager has had its fuse blown, turn the power off and use a screwdriver to replace the fuse with a new one which is similar to the one that was there previously. You will only need help if the cord has gotten damaged.
Fixing Poorly Functioning Massage Techniques
At times the massager could be functional but some of its parts or all parts could be giving sub-standard performance. In this case, you will have to ensure that the functionality of your massager’s parts is appropriate according to the position of your body.
- For instance, if the massage heads fail to reach some of your body parts, you will have to adjust the position of your massager appropriately.
- Also, in case the backrest fails to work, you will need to replace either the base or air pumps of your massager. If the air pumps make some noise but inflation does not occur when you initiate the massage function, that is an indicator that the air tubing has a problem. You ought to remove the tube to see whether the connection is safe. A replacement will be necessary only if a part of the tube is broken.
- In other cases, it could be that the actuator cannot be lowered or raised to enhance effective massage. If the fault persists, the only permanent solution would be replacing your foot and calf.
Most massage chairs which are of good quality are fitted with buttons which help in controlling width with calf and foot massaging. This gives you the liberty to alter the width to your liking.
What if the remote is not functional?
If your remote is not working, you should not panic first. Here are some things you need to do as you seek to remedy the problem;
- Check your remote’s cable connection. It could be that the cable was not connected well enough. If it is well connected and still not working, that is when you result to replacing it.
- For a remote with LED lights, it could be that the lights do not work but it functions just alright. If that bothers you then it will only be right if you inform the dealer for a replacement or repair. If the features fail to work completely, it could be that the remote has no problem but the massager’s functions are faulty.
Fixing Faulty Heat Controls
At times the heat controls of your massager may let you down completely when you are just about to have your much anticipated massage. Here are some measures you should take before concluding that the heat controls of your massager cannot function;
- Switch on the massage chair and set it on heat mode. Be keen enough to check on whether you receive the right amount of warmth at the sides of the backrest.
- If the warmth produced is not right, seek a replacement from the appropriate dealer of the massager.
Additional Helpful Tips
- Do not result to disassembling your massager despite all the trouble it might have caused you. Disassembling it may render the manufacturer’s warranty void.
- In case you purchase a massager that does not suit your preferences, refrain from using it first. Return it to the manufacturer or appropriate dealer for it to be repaired or exchanged appropriately.
- Manufacturers of massagers create a section for troubleshooting which offers helpful instructions and advice tutorials which provide instructions for further inspection of the massager.
- You are probably troubling yourself trying to check out the problem of your massager in the inside. However, there are some instances where that may not be the case. Buying a massager with a longer warranty comes in handy since you can contact the appropriate dealer for directions on necessary servicing and repairs.
So, can you fix your massager by yourself? If at some point you thought that fixing your own massager was difficult, I believe that you already have a change of heart and mind. At times your massager could be failing to give the desired results due to a minor mistake which you can rectify by the touch of a button.
Do not let anything come in the way of you, your massager and the thrilling massage sessions. You only need to remember that disassembling it is not an option since it could ruin your chances of getting a replacement from your dealer.
It is my hope that you learned something regarding the best ways to tackle different faults you are likely to experience with your massager. If you have an additional point, please add it in the comments section. There are so many people ready to learn something new especially that which will give us an easy time with our massagers.