How Much Can You Save When You Have a Massage at Home?
Last updated on February 13th, 2019.
It isn’t bad to treat yourself with a pampering and soothing massage every now and then. After all, everyone needs a boost to recover from the physical and mental exhaustion of the day’s work. Massage has been a form of escape where it allows your body to breathe and take a little break from all the tension and stress. Considering all these amazing benefits, spending a few bucks for a massage session at a spa or a wellness center might not be bad at all.
Although leaving your aching body to the professionals for a massage seems to be a great idea, you probably can’t just shrug off your concerns whether it is or not truly worth to spend your money on these services which sometimes, can be pretty costly. When you are on a tight budget, an hour of massage for $40 or $60 might just break your bank eventually.
The Benefits of Getting a Massage at Home
Getting your own massage at home is one of the best alternatives for the services you get in a spa. This one’s just more affordable. As it does not require any service fees every time you give yourself a massage, you can keep your expenses within the budget. It also wouldn’t just be for an hour but for as long as you need it.
Truly, there are advantages when you get a massage in your very own home. Apart from cutting off these pricey massage sessions on your expenses, it becomes much easier to address the pain and discomfort in the particular areas of your body.
If you wish to try getting a massage at home, here are the other benefits you can take advantage of:
- There is no time limit. You can enjoy the benefits of massage for as long as you need it.
- You can indulge in a personalized massage. Getting the massage at home allows you to program and adjust the settings of your massager according to your needs or preference.
- It allows you to address the pain right away. When you need a quick relief after a long day, you can just simply grab your handheld massager or a head massager and address the pain where massaging is needed. If you have a massage chair at home, you can sit on it, power it up, and set the controls according to the speed or variations of movements you want.
- You can share it with everyone at home. When you have your own massage equipment, not only you but also everyone around you can truly benefit from the calming and relaxing effects of a massage. No appointments needed and no more expensive service fees to pay!
- You won’t have to pay for the additional fees for the luxurious amenities. Most spa and wellness centers offer costly services and massage sessions due to the luxurious facilities. Although they do provide a relaxing atmosphere while getting a massage, inevitably, these additional costs are shouldered to the clients and end up with a hefty-priced bill. If you need a drink, something to read or it, some massage centers provide a different price list for that.
At home, you have all the time to create your own relaxing ambiance. You can drink, eat, or watch TV while getting a massage. You don’t need to pay for the additional fees!
Recommended Reading Pregnancy and Massage Chairs: Should You be Worried?
How to Get a Soothing Massage at Home
As what was mentioned, you can customize your space at home for a more relaxing ambiance. If you do not have any equipment yet, you may need to plan and decide on what kind of massager you should use and what equipment will best comply with your needs.
The following are some ways you can try to give yourself the most soothing massage and an enjoyable experience at home.
Invest in a Massage Equipment
Investing in an equipment to save more money may seem like a counterintuitive idea. But it can actually help you stay within your budget and expenses in the long run. You may have to take some budget out of your funds but it is only a one-time deal which is quite unlikely when you go to a spa for a massage. You have to pay every time you book for a session.
A worthy purchase means careful planning and decision-making. In order to fully benefit from the massage you get at home, it is very important to choose a heavy-duty and reliable massage equipment. You can consider the following options:
- Massage Chairs. Crafted with the features of a chair, massage chairs offer multiple benefits all in one seat. It has programmed settings that allow the users to adjust it according to the type of massage they prefer. Manufacturers innovatively design this type of equipment to provide realistic kneading movements and massage techniques. It has the ability to relieve body pain, tension, back aches, and stress. With its amazing benefits, it has been deemed to be a competitive massage product today.
- Handheld Massagers. This type of massager is very handy that allows the users to easily get into the specific areas of the body where the pain occurs. Handheld massagers are engineered with a revolving attachment that provides a soothing sensation through throbbing and kneading movements. Some units have interchangeable attachments You can just roll it on the areas where massaging is needed and it’ll give you that quick relief and calming feeling. With its compact size, users can carry it anywhere they go and keep it away easily for storage.
- Pulse Massagers. If you are an athlete or someone who is active in sports and other physical activities, pulse massagers can be your go-to relief spot after training or playing. Pulse massagers target the muscles to relieve the tension and pain. It also calms and relaxes tight muscles and nerves. They are programmed with intuitive controls with preset massage programs for the different parts of the body like shoulders, back, joints, hands, and legs.
Put Up a Relaxing Ambiance at Home
Another way to fully benefit from a soothing massage is to find a serene spot in your home or if you can customize one for your massage sessions. While you are enjoying a soothing massage, a relaxing ambiance can also elevate your mood. In any way you want, you can customize your space, perhaps put up some aromatic candles and essential oils. Massage tables or portable massage chairs can also be some of the useful pieces that you can add to your equipment at home.
Everyone can take delight in the benefits of a massage. Whether you have or do not any budget for regular sessions at a spa or a wellness center, there are definitely many other ways to experience a pain-relieving and calming massage. If ever you choose to have it at home, you can skip those expensive massage bills and rather wallow in the health effects of massage every time you need it.